Friday, November 27, 2009

Day #151

Today is Day #151 of my hiatus from buying fabric.

It is not an easy task to find "just the right fabric" to use for a project. Color and pattern enter in and the choices get all fussy. Right now I'm making a four square wonder block quilt using four pieces of identical samples that have been sitting on the shelf for a couple of years. They have turned out pretty fun - the blue parrot's head in the print looks either like a lovely flower or else four fish heads all going for the same treat in the water. The rest have similar surprises.

Now for the task of finding just the right setting strips - something that brings out the design in the best way. In the past - before this hiatus from buying fabric started - I would just go out and pick out "just the right fabric" to do the job. Now, it is a challenge to come up with something from my stash that works. I'm going to attempt to put some photos here with the choices I had:

Well, close. Deb Svedberg needs to come and show me that one step. Okay Deb? I'll give you food and drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment