Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Numbers three through eight

Okay. Here's the start of posting I said would happen. My brother-in-law is in University hospital for a three week treatment time and it gave an opportunity to me to get back to the sewing machine.
I imposed a personal challenge on myself to make a postcard a day for 21 days in hopes that it would be enjoyable for b-i-l and also in hopes of getting my "mojo" back in the color and design world.

It wasn't until the first postcard was sewn that I realized that the upper tension on the machine was virtually non-existant. It was the weekend so I had to go to the ever lovin' paper (I love paper) for the next two. Of course, immediately I was behind two postcards. Never mind, "we must persevere"!!!

I brought the machine to Johnston's Sales and Service on Lyndale Ave S and 64th Street. They had it fixed for me that same afternoon!!!! Here's their web site:
http://johnstonssalesservice.com/
They cleaned, oiled and repaired the upper tension and it runs like silk now.
I recommend them.
Commercial over.
Here are some sort of fuzzy photos of #'s 3-8. Didn't think to photograph the first two. They'll come later - AND I'll use the tripod from now on.
#3 - Self Portrait. Paper
#4 - Rooftop Dancing. cotton fabric and foil moon. Thread drawing.
#5 - Lake Minnetonka. Cotton, metalic mesh, shiney see-through filmy stuff.
#6 - Hot Jungle. Cotton. Thread drawing.
And what is behind the flippity flaps?.....
#7 - Peek-A-Boo! It's Betty!!!  Cotton. Thread drawing.
#8 - Fall On The Hill. Cotton, thread drawing.
 
 
That's it for now. Hope you like the show.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment