Saturday, March 27, 2010

Once upon a time...

About fifteen or twenty years ago I was commissioned to create something for a small but very tall elevator entrance at First Lutheran Church in St. Paul. They said anything I saw fit to put there would be great. So I made a five layer, 18 foot waterfall using an aqua blue lamee with a lot of machine stitching to create current, fish and other sea creatures.
Beads were added for special effect on the dragon fly, star fish and other images.

A plaque beside this piece gives an explaination of the baptismal waters ... but my name is not anywhere on the piece or plaque! Better take care of that.Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. That's because you made it for God. :-D

    I've never known anyone to touch so much lame`.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How'd you get lame to have that little thingie over the e?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, there's a fish gadget you should add to your blog. I added a german radio station to mine! LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOLOL! I see it now...like Rosanna rosanna danna would say:
    "Never mind".

    ReplyDelete
  5. This piece is wonderful! It has amazing texture and dimension...two things that I'm very fond of. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete